Friday, February 29, 2008

CHELTENHAM IS COMING..

With the festival just a few days away I thought I would give you my main hopes. Albertas Run has already done us a massive favour and Jonjo's charge looks set for a big run in the Royal and Sun Alliance Chase. He has always been held in high regard and having won in great style last time out he could still be on the upgrade. Paul Nicholls has brought Noland along nicely in a bid to have him spot on for the Arkle. There is no doubt we haven't seen the best of this one yet. There could be more success for Paul in the Triumph Hurdle with Celestial Halo. Beaten just over three lengths in the St Leger, he then won impressively on his hurdles debut. His latest defeat against an older horse may turn out to be very good form and back against his own generation he should make them all go. The horse in question was Sentry Duty, who is entered in the Ballymore and the Supreme Novices, he has a strong chance in whichever event he goes for.

4 Comments:

  • Thanks Noel good write up.

    Im sticking with one of my horses to follow Franchoek in the Triumph Hurdle and I backed it some time ago and went in for a bit more last week. Im hoping that Binocular will go for the Novices Hurdle instead of the Triumph, personally I think thats there best option but I will wait before putting any money down. The next one on the list is Katchit E/W in the Champion Hurdle I got on at 11/1. The last one for me is Lilywhitedancer for the Champion Bumper.

    I also think Noel Meade's horse Jered could be a good bet for the County Hurdle at current odds of around 16/1.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 29 February 2008 at 12:27  

  • Thanks for posting over the way old boy.

    I trust you mean these horses should be watched out for as non runner, no bets?

    Are you taking prices now Noel, do you already have a position staked, or are you awaiting the going etc?

    Cheers..

    By Blogger Sandracer, At 1 March 2008 at 00:43  

  • Hi Jon , I have had a few ante-post bets already, but will be waiting until the day for bigger bets as I have been stung a few times in recent years.
    Noel

    By Blogger noelp, At 1 March 2008 at 10:34  

  • 2 winners from 4 at Cheltenham Noel.

    Very handy..

    I think I owe you a couple of pimms.

    By Blogger Sandracer, At 14 March 2008 at 14:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home